[asterisk-users] Problem with busydetect and cell phones

Ryan McDaniel ramcda at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 17 00:47:02 MST 2007

I have a very strange problem I'm hoping someone has encountered already.
I've scoured the internet for an answer to this one.  My phone company
provides no disconnect supervision.  Hence I'm forced to use the busydetect
feature.  I have a TDM400 with two FXO ports.  If I call from an internal
extension to a landline and then hangup the landline Asterisk detects the
busy signal correctly and clears the line.  If I call from an internal
extension to a cell phone and then hangup the cell phone Asterisk will never
detect the busy signal though it is clearly there.  Asterisk will happily
sit there listening to the busy signal.  I suspect that the busy signal
styles are slightly different though it is undetectable to me.  How can I
fix this???  It causes severe issues when a call is forwarded to a cell
phone via the Zap interfaces as once you hangup the cell phone Asterisk
never releases the channel.

zaptel.conf
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us