[asterisk-users] How to configure Asterisk queue with Vonage account?

James Zhang James.Zhang at amctechnology.com
Fri Feb 16 16:05:08 MST 2007

In http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+agents as followings, what
type of channel of 28 and 29 is?

agents.conf

 [agents]
 agent => 1001,4321,Wayne Kerr

queues.conf

 [queue1]
 member => Agent/1001

extensions.conf

 exten => 28,1,AgentLogin(1001)
 exten => 29,1,Queue(queue1)

I use the following in extension.conf with Vonage softphone account, it
works well to call SIP extension 1001.
exten => 180xxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/1001,20)

If using agent to login a queue, how to transfer the call to the queue
first? I try two approaches, no one work.

1. exten => 180xxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/28,20): no SIP 28 extension registered
in Asterisk.

2. exten => 180xxxxxx,1,AgentLogin(1001)

  exten => 180xxxxxx,2,Queue(queue1): when calling that number, agent
login. after hangup, agent logoff. How to keep this agent login in the
queue.