[asterisk-users] PSTN Calls from SI.P: buzzing and pops

Allen Casteran allen at nisinc.com
Thu Feb 15 22:39:54 MST 2007

We have SIP phones connecting to *, and our PSTN lines connecting
through an Astribank FXO.

Internal Sip<->SIP calls are clear.
External calls through the Astribank get occassional low level buzzing
for about 1/2 - 1 sec at a time.

Those are usually accompanied by some light pops or static

No transcoding, all ulaw.
PSTN lines come from an Adtran IAD channel bank about 10 ft of cable
from the Astribak. Astribank and Adtran are both chassis grounded to our
  UPS.

Tried set echocancel=on and echocancel=off in the zapata.conf... No
difference.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Allen.