[asterisk-users] Asterisk Queues Problem

Joanna Liza Mariazeta joannaliza at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:31:47 MST 2007

Hi John,

It would be helpful if you had posted your dial plan. But anyway, here is a
sample of our dial plan and how we are handling queues.

[company-inbound-ivr-officehrs]
exten => s,1,Background(company-officehrs-ivr)
exten => s,2,WaitExten
exten => s,3,Hangup
exten => i,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)
exten => t,1,Goto(company-inbound-ivr-officehrs,s,1)

;Press 1 for English
exten => 1,1,Dial(${TO-ABC-ASTERISK}/companyEnglish,,tTo)
exten => 1,2,Hangup

;Press 2 for Mandarin
exten => 2,1,Dial(${TO-ABC-ASTERISK}/companyMandarin,,tTo)
exten => 2,2,Hangup

[company-english-queue] ;companyEnglish
exten => s,1,AGI(call_log.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => s,2,Queue(queue-out-English|thHr|||10)
exten => s,3,Queue(queue-out-English|tThH|||60)
exten => s,4,Voicemail(b1129 at default)
exten => s,5,Hangup
exten => h,1,DeadAGI(call_log.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => t,1,Hangup

[company-mandarin-queue] ;companyMandarin
exten => s,1,AGI(call_log.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => s,2,Queue(queue-out-Mandarin|thHr|||10)
exten => s,3,Queue(queue-out-Mandarin|tThH|||60)
exten => s,4,Voicemail(b1128 at default)
exten => s,5,Hangup
exten => h,1,DeadAGI(call_log.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => t,1,Hangup

All call passes through an IVR, from the IVR callers can choose language
(English,Mandarin). And then they will be passed to the queues. Take note of
the Queue(queue-out-English|tThH|||60), the option T allows the calling user
to transfer the call when they pressed a single digit, while in the queue.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Joanna Liza Mariazeta
www.mariazeta.com