[asterisk-users] Asterisk Queues Problem

John Breen john at john-breen.net
Thu Feb 15 14:07:42 MST 2007

Help!

I'm (still) having issues with Asterisk Queues.

I want to implement a queue so that callers get the 'all our staff are
busy at the moment, your call has been placed in a queue and will be
answered by the first available operator.  You may press 1 at any time
to leave a voicemail' announcement, then they can press 1 and leave a
voicemail.

Documentation with * 1.2.x (I'm using 1.2.15) and in the O'Reilly
Asterisk book says I can add a line context=blah to the queue definition
and this becomes the 'escape context' where pressing buttons will take
you to whilst in the queue.

I've done this, and put the relevant context in extensions.conf and put
extension 1 in there - and nothing happens - I call into the queue and
press 1 and don't go anywhere.

Please help if you know how to solve this issue, I have been working on
it for a week and it's becoming quite urgent (not to mention causing me
to tear my hair out with frustration...)

Regards,

John Breen