[asterisk-users] Long call setup times on SIP to zaptel calls

Jordan Novak jnovak at logisticshealth.com
Thu Feb 15 12:45:39 MST 2007

I have had a lot of complaints about the time it takes to setup a call.
I have timed it and it is almost five seconds before it even starts
ringing. The SIP device sends the request almost instantly but the
channel is taking a long time to pickup and dial. It wouldn't be so bad
but they hear nothing. I would like to provide ringback before the
zaptel actually starts ringing the channel. Has anybody done this, it
seems like it would be a zaptel option.

Jordan Novak