[asterisk-users] addons 1.4 and cdr_addon_mysql not installed !

Tim Connolly tconnolly at theplanet.com
Thu Feb 15 09:49:56 MST 2007

So, after reading this, I wonder if anyone has 1.4 and MySQL working...
Is there a non-standard version I can download?

more /usr/src/asterisk-1.4.0/doc/mysql.txt
MYSQL LICENSING UPDATE
======================
We were recently contacted by MySQL and informed that the MySQL client
libraries are now under GPL license and not LGPL license as before.

Since Asterisk does allow exceptions to GPL, we are removing MySQL
support
from standard Asterisk.  We will, where appropriate, make it available
via
a separate package which will only be usable when Asterisk is used
completely
within GPL (i.e. not in conjunction with G.729, OpenH.323, etc).  We
apologize for the confusion.

You may find this in the new "asterisk-addons" package.

Mark Spencer
Digium