[asterisk-users] No Ringback, only on 1 SIP provider

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Thu Feb 15 08:48:20 MST 2007

Hi,

I have the following situation:  At a branch , there is a Cisco Call Manager with users all having
Cisco phones.  Now I put down a Asterisk 1.2.12 box at the branch, which talks H323 via chan_oh323
to the CCM.  So calls go from the CCM, go H323 to the local Asterisk box, then I take it via SIP to
another Asterisk box.  From there I am hooked up to 2 different providers, for Local and
International, both via SIP.  The problem I am having is that the users dont get ringback (ringing
indication) when they dial International numbers, yet it works perfectly when they dial Local
numbers.  Yet, to test, from a hardphone plugged into Asterisk2, I get ringback, so its not the
Interntional provider, it must be the SIP trunk from Asterisk1 to Astrisk2.

                                                                 (ringback)
                                                              NationalProvider

                               H323                   SIP          |     SIP        (no ringback)
Users phones -----> CCM 4.1 --------> Asterisk1------------->Asterisk2---------InternationalProvider

                                                                ZAP hardphone

Here is the sip.conf from Asterisk1.

[N_G]
type=friend
host=10.255.255.1
username=N_G
secret=N_G
disallow=all
allow=g729
canreinvite=no
qualify=yes
progressinband=yes (tried this yes/no/never, made no difference)

When I call goes from Asterisk1 to Asterisk2, I get the 'making progress passing it to xxx', but I
dont hear ringing, then the person answers.

--
thanks,
Yusuf