[asterisk-users] Zaptel Won't Compile In Slackware 11.0 Kernel 2.4.33

J. Espinal rakh at dangerclan.net
Thu Feb 15 04:41:51 MST 2007

Hi again,

demuel at thephinix.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I observed that too. I already got that 2.6.x kernel and it is there actually. Though Patrick has
> put a 2.6.x kernel in /extra, I am still thinking if I will upgrade my existing kernel in this
> laptop. The maintainer of slackware did not made the 2.6.x as the default kernel for some other
> reasons he believes. I told you, the slackware 11.0 has a default kernel of 2.4.33.3. I am
> sticking with SVN because of development purposes.

Yes you are right there about the default kernel,
> Does this mean that zaptel doesn't have backward compatibility with previous linux kernels? Is it
> a bug?
I'm starting to think that it could be a backward version compatibility
problem too, I set up a server with Asterisk some days ago using 1.4
version, but it was with CentOS, and had the 2.6.x kernel by default. I
think i should make some test at home about that issue (I use it at home),

Tell me if u find something about that,
> Regards,
> Demuel

take care,