[asterisk-users] Strange behaviour with Dial cmd

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 02:55:50 MST 2007

>From: "Il Neofita" <asteriskmail at gmail.com>
>Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:37:14 -0500
>
>But I tought that hangup was suppose to close the call, however, is not the
>case and a really did not catch why.

Now I see where the confusion comes from.  Asterisk doesn't really speak
English - or Chinese for that matter:-)  In telephony, there is no way for
the callee to tell the caller to stop ringing - unless you "answer" it
first.  Once you answer, you can do a number of things, the rudest being to
immediately hang up. (I saw live people doing this intentionally.)  Your
only other option really is to ignore.

I just thought up this simple method to ignore: divert the dial plan to
simply Wait() an unreasonable amount of time in hope that the caller hangs
up.

exten => s,1,Dial(yourcell,5)
exten => s,n,Wait(300)

That's assuming your provider provides disconnect supervision.  You can also
Play(prerecorded,noanswer) if your provider supports it. (Won't hurt to try
even if not - but disconnect supervision is a must.)

Yuan Liu