[asterisk-users] problem with safe_asterisk

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Feb 14 14:58:49 MST 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Earle Clubb wrote:

>>> Edit that init.d script lightly not to use safe_asterisk.
>>> safe_asterisk is not close to robust anyway, and thus will only
>>> complicate things.
>>
>> Seconded. Have a look at this:
>>
>> http://www.drogon.net/init.d.asterisk
>>
> Gordon,
>
> What is the point of reloading extensions after starting asterisk in the
> start section of your case statement?

I have some lines in my extensions.conf which look like:

DB(access/101)=0
DB(operator/101)=1

etc.

and the db module isn't loaded at boot-time, so to make sure asterisk gets
any changes that have been made to it (DB wise) since it was last booted,
I reload it

However from very recent posts here it looks like I had the wrong thing in
my modules.conf file, I just haven't had a chance to sort it yet. You can
probably safely ignore it.

Gordon