[asterisk-users] The High Performance Echo Canceller (HPEC)

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:12:21 MST 2007

The algorithms may be similar but EC is an infinitely variable
non-linear(analog) process.  A CPU cannot do that.  You can fake it by
performing cpu intensive rapid calculations one after another but it is
fundamentally not an analog processor.  HWEC is designed to deal with the
analog process on an instant by instant basis performing parallel
computations.  A CPU cannot do that at ANY clock speed.