[asterisk-users] Macro Usage

Jason Wolfe jason at clickforacall.com
Wed Feb 14 12:36:20 MST 2007

Hello,

I have the following simple application...

1. Call is answered, and Dial() function is used with a macro to dial
out to a number.
2. 'Called' party answers the phone, and hears a message (this is a
function of the macro)

At this point I'd like for the 'Called' Party to be able to make a
decision and press 1 or 2 to hear some additional information before
accepting the call.

The problem is that any key pressed causes the call to be bridged.

Is this the only behavior, or can someone help me with an example of a
script that will allow the 'Called' party to do some things before the
call is bridged.

I have included my macro code below

[macro-acceptcall]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,Background(makechoice)  ;make a choice, press 1 or 2
exten => s,4,WaitExten(3)
exten => s,5,Goto(s,3)

exten => 1,1,Background(youchose1)

exten => 2,1,Background(youchose2)

This is what I want to happen, but it just bridges the call immediately
without playing the respective messages. Thanks for the help.

Thanks!