[asterisk-users] The High Performance Echo Canceller (HPEC)

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 09:17:34 MST 2007

I gotta take issue with your comments that a HWEC is just software running
on a DSP.  In the case of Octasic, it's an ASIC.  How it does EC is VERY
different because.....it's done completely in hardware, not firmware loaded
into memory and run on a specialized CPU!  Yes, the ASIC does contain an DSP
but it is customized for EC.  You cannot think of it as a CPU.