[asterisk-users] SMS via VoIP and web

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Tue Feb 13 16:29:33 MST 2007

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 07:17:32AM +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> Where can I get a starting point for setting up sms via VoIP and via web.
> I want to send SMS from VoIP or web  to VoIP phones and GSM phones.
> 1. how to set-up?
> 2. which smsc should I use? (what is the price?)
> 3. which phones can be used?

Some telcos support sending SMS down phone lines, it's reasonably common
in Europe and there's an ETSI spec for it.

However it's probably easier to use something like Kannel which has an
http interface and then either connect that to an SMSC or locally
through a GSM terminal (phone).

SMSC connections and pricing will vary depending on what country you're
in. As a small customer (in the UK at least) it's unlikely you'd get an
connection to an operator's SMSC and you'd have to go through an
aggregator.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo/Mac stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com