[asterisk-users] Mini-ITX board + FXO PCI card?

Vincent Delporte vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 13 15:28:32 MST 2007

At 10:09 11/02/2007 -0500, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>Check the processor spec. carefully. [...] Also make sure you compile
>asterisk for an i586

OK, I'll make sure it has enough cache and I'll recompile the code myself.
I'm thinking of getting an ML 8000
http://via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=301 .

At 10:09 11/02/2007 -0500, Manny A. Wise wrote:
>I did, and I was NOT happy with the results... Mini-itx have a serious
>problems with IRQ sharing... I am happily using a embeded system now, but
>the FXO and FXS have to be external.

Those boards only come with one PCI slot. Do you mean it could share an IRQ
with some embedded component like the video card?

BTW, in this age of big USB drive, I don't really nee a DVD/CDRW combo.
Does someone know if the Via motherboards (at least the ML series) supports
booting off a USB drive, so I can use this to start Linux and fetch install
files from an FTP server?

Thank you.