[asterisk-users] problem with safe_asterisk

Andrea De Vita andrea.devita at iit.cnr.it
Tue Feb 13 05:35:50 MST 2007

Hi all,

I have installed some Asterisk machine, all with the same problem.
My typical configuration is:
- Asterisk 1.2.14 (or 1.4.0beta3)
- CentOS 4.4 server.

The problem is this:
When I start Asterisk with the default init script (/etc/init.d/asterisk
start) distributed with the source, and kill (or kill -9) Asterisk-pid,
then safe_asterisk doesn't correctly work (it dies and not restart
Asterisk).
Instead, if I start Asterisk with safe_asterisk command from shell,
after "kill Asterisk-pid", safe_asterisk restart Asterisk correctly.

I would use the init script because I like to use Linux-HA that require
this.

Someone can help me?

Thanks

Andrea De Vita