[asterisk-users] Local channel characteristics

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 01:12:15 MST 2007

I'm reading about Local channel and applications.  One fancy idea came up:
if my generic dial plan uses Dial() with no timeout, can I assign it a
timeout for special purposes by
  Dial(Local/some-exten at mycontext,,20)
or even add other Dial() options.

Well, I can't. (Maybe a feature request?)  So this pseudo channel seems to
lack some characteristics of a "real" one.  Now the question is: what
characteristics Local does have?  I can imagine that many Dial() options
won't be effective, either.  Where are these stuff documented?

Yuan Liu