[asterisk-users] chan_zap.c:3926 zt_handle_event: Ring/Off-hook in strange state 6 on channel 1

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 11 19:58:26 MST 2007

I sometimes receive this error with an incoming ring:
chan_zap.c:3926 zt_handle_event: Ring/Off-hook in strange state 6 on channel
1

The symptom is: when I pick up the extension (Console or SIP), ringing
continues.

Conversely, when I make a Zap call from SIP or Console, the recipient and
caller can talk, but Asterisk continues to show the state as Ring. (Normally
the state is "Up".)

I am not totally sure about how to reliably reproduce this, nor how to
correct this without reboot.  I can stop Asterisk then rerun ztcfg.
Sometimes this fixes the problem.

Hardware is X100P clone (SM56), zaptel 1.2.10, Asterisk 1.2.13.  Anyone else
seeing this?

Yuan Liu