[asterisk-users] Re: Dell PowerEdge 2950 Sharing NIC IRQ with Digium Card

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Sun Feb 11 18:27:17 MST 2007

Matt wrote:
> Leo,
> Yes I did read this.   And I have ACPI turned on.  Unfortunately lspci
> -vb still is showing devices sharing IRQs.
You mean IO-APIC? ACPI is a different beast altogether. lspci -vb and
lspci -v should show different results on a proper IO-APIC system.

lspci -vb shows what the card thinks it's using. On a XT-PIC system,
what it thinks and what it's assigned should be the same. On an IO-APIC
system, the interrupts are routed through secondary APICs that can
assign additional hardware (local) interrupts (>15) to each card. But,
for real-mode compatibility sake, the motherboard is required to route
the new interrupts to IRQs 1-15. Hence the different value in lspci -vb.

Is the 2950 using a riser? You might want to check if there are jumpers
on the riser. Some brain dead risers actually share the IRQ lines unless
you change the jumpers.

Frankly, I really hope that Digium will change the PCI controller on
their cards. I think it's buggy that's why it doesn't work properly with
some IO-APIC system. If Sangoma can do it, I don't see why not.

Leo