[asterisk-users] pmp_l1_check=no with zaphfc (Bristuff)

Olivier MONNET olivier.monnet at altiva.fr
Sun Feb 11 12:57:30 MST 2007

Hi,
I’m using Bristuff for more than a year and half now, and I am stuck
with the same problem since asterisk 1.2.
When using a card from Junghans, QuadBri or OctoBri everything is ok,
(driver QOZAP) but with a one port generic card (driver ZAPHFC) when
the channel go to sleep, it cannot dialout any more. The only way to
get it back is an incoming call, and it work until the channel go to
sleep .
Here in France, I can ask the ISDN operator (France Telecom) to keep
the channels up, but it does not work everywehere and generally the
technician on the phone don’t known what I’m talking about.
With asterisk 1.0, the driver is keeping the channel up, so it works
fine.
For my new installations, I have switched to mISDN,
With mISDN, there is the option: pmp_l1_check=no which start the call
even if the channel is down.
Dialout work fine but there is some echo on many calls.
I have never experienced echo problem with Bristuff.
It is not possible to use a 4 ports card for small PXBs  (1 bri) for
cost reasons.
I’ve tried to contact people at junghanns.net with no answers, I also
tried to post on this list last year without finding any solutions.

Does anyone ever experienced this and found a solution?