[asterisk-users] Digium S101I as a traveling companion

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Sat Feb 10 23:34:13 MST 2007

I have a few questions with regards to Digium S101I adapter.
I would like to use it as a traveling companion, plugging it into
various networks (all behind firewall I assume).

I'll be registering it into my asterisk server (behind firewall, port
4569 will be open).

1.) If I plug that small adapter S101I into another network will that
network have to have port 4569 open as well?

2.) If I'll have two of these units registered to my Asterisk server
(both units in different places).  When I make a call between these two
units S101I, does the connection (the bandwidth that is being utilized)
goes through my server or directly between these two adapters?

Any links where it is better explained?
--
#Joseph