[asterisk-users] Dell PowerEdge 2950 Sharing NIC IRQ with Digium Card

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 14:22:06 MST 2007

> Thats right.  I have never seen a shared IRQ with Dell servers using
> APIC.  A RHL ES3 by default enables APIC so I have never even had to
> fiddle around with it.

Possibly because you are using virtual IRQs... hence none of them appear to
be shared in Linux.  Check the BIOS to see what's really going on.  Also, it
seems Dell has only started doing this with their newer servers.   The older
ones (even up to a few months ago it would seem) didn't share IRQs this bad.