[asterisk-users] Dell PowerEdge 2950 Sharing NIC IRQ with Digium Card

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 14:20:51 MST 2007

> try booting with APIC and ACPI disabled?

ARG.  You're going around in circles as bad as the Dell tech.   If the IRQs
are being shared and setup in BIOS.. no amount of booting with ACPI
disabled, or trying to set the IRQ within Linux is going to help.    At this
point, the BIOS is overriding and throwing the device onto that IRQ.   If
the device is physically being put onto an IRQ by the BIOS, then no amount
of software manipulation is going to change it.   If I am wrong, someone
please let me know.   As I understand it, ACPI will just let you use the
extended (>15) IRQs.. which is really just IRQ sharing... the problem here
is that the BIOS still has them setup as shared IRQs.