[asterisk-users] Dialplan checkup

Barry Fawthrop barry at ttienterprises.org
Fri Feb 9 16:35:43 MST 2007

Hi All

Curious will this work
Std. PSTN line  ---x------ X100p

                   ------ Fax Machine
Using a standard "home phone" pstn line with a splitter connecting a fax
machine and X100 Asterisk Box
Incoming Line: Can I have in the dial Plan
[incoming]
exten  => s,1,Wait(1)
exten  => s,2,IfFax continue to ring, so that the Fax Machine gets it
exten  => s,3,Answer
exten  => s,4,Playback(Message)
exten  => s,5,Dial(SIP/1000&SIP/2000&SIP/3000)
exten  => s,6,Hangup()
exten  => fax,1,Wait(30)
exten  => fax,2,Wait(10)
exten  => fax,3,Hangup()

I'm wanting the line to ring,
If it is a fax coming in then Asterisk leaves the line alone and lets
the fax machine handle the call.
If it is a call then Asterisk answers, plays a greeting and rings the IP
phones?

Question is how does asterisk detect the call without answering?
I'm not wanting Asterisk to handle the call if it is a fax if possible???

I look forward to your input,
Thank You

Barry