[asterisk-users] BindPort

Vicky vicky.r at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 12:00:59 MST 2007

I also encountered the problem of port 5060 being blocked by some user's isp
and redirected port  5098 to 5060 but still asterisk wasnt able to detect
hangup properly and had load of voice problems ( lot of nat involved and
softphones were being used ) so i made asterisk listen on 5098 and
redirected port 5060 to 5098 via iptables and it solved all problems ( port
block users were able to use 5098 completely while other users  had no
problems with 5060 too ) . Try this method if u get some voice problems for
port blocked users .