[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.14 - Chanspy, sound issues.

Santiago Aguiar santi at netlabs.com.uy
Fri Feb 9 07:49:00 MST 2007

I upgraded my Asterisk system to version 1.2.14 to check if the sound
quality issues I was having with Chanspy in 1.2.7 remained. I'm still
getting them, and I'm honestly out of ideas except from RTFS.

The called party sounds normally fine, but it's impossible to hear the
caller. Sometimes, when the called party is talking, the caller can also
be heard. The conversation sounds broken, to the point is almost useless.

We don't have any other quality problems beside this. Sound is quite
good when making a call or accessing other asterisk services.

My setup is as follows:

All calls are performed inside a LAN (NOT fully switched...), using SIP
and g711. I use SJPhone v1.60 at agents and AT-530 VoIP Phones for the
spies.

* Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 1GB RAM, Broadcom Corporation
NetXtreme BCM5705_2 Gigabit Ethernet.
* Linux foo.bar.com 2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Jul 7 19:52:49 CDT
2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
* Asterisk 1.2.14-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1w built by bachbuilder @
octopus.physik.fu-berlin.de on a i686 running Linux on 2006-12-19
00:11:55 UTC.

Is someone else getting this kind of behaviour? Is Chanspy used normally
under this conditions on other installations? Any ideas?

saludos,
--
santiago aguiar
*netlabs*