[asterisk-users] requesting real world meetme capacity numbers

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Fri Feb 9 04:24:30 MST 2007

On 9 Feb 2007, at 04:31, JR Richardson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm very interested in real world experience of double digit number of
> users sustaining good quality audio in a single meetme conference.
>
> Personally, I have seen 23 users in one conf room, all coming in SIP,
> ULAW.  Server is 3.2GHz proc, 1Gig RAM, 1-2 % proc utilization under
> 23 user load, perfect audio.
>
> I'm working on a conf bridge for 150+ users, could use some advice, if
> anyone has accomplished such a feat or has any ideas on how.

I'd be interested in your findings.
I'm leaning towards app_conference - you should evaluate it at the
very least.

With those sorts of numbers you will have to mute the vast majority
of users
and have them press a button before speaking otherwise the audio will
vanish under the weight of 150 people breathing :-(

T.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/