[asterisk-users] error when compiling zaptel-1.4

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Feb 9 02:57:27 MST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 01:34:58AM -0800, Yuan LIU wrote:

> >make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.27-3-386'
> >make: *** arch/i386/boot: No such file or directory.  Stop.
>
> Kernel 2.4 header will not help you.  As mentioned, you need full kernel
> source with 2.4.

My experince shows otherwise. The Debiaan kernel-headers-<VERSION> (and
in Etch, or just about any recent Ubuntu version:
linux-headers-<VERSION>) are good enough to build zaptel. Furthermore,
as they install the symlink /lib/modules/<VERSION>/build that the zaptel
makefile uses by default, they are also the easier way to build Zaptel
on Debian.

This is basically the equivalent of "kernel-devel" on redhats. Not of
the "kernel-headers" package. The equivalent for that would be
"kernel-glibc-headers" or something similar, that ocntains
/usr/include/linux (the stable kernel/userspace API).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com