[asterisk-users] Problems with GXP2000 and Asterisk => Call pickup and Voicemail

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Feb 9 00:31:54 MST 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Noc Phibee wrote:

> Hi
>
> i have two problems with my Grandstream GXP2000 :
>
>   1- When i wan pickup a call, that's don't work's (*8EXTEN)
>    and when i test whit Softphone, i have a error too, he say me
>   *8201 at MyContext not found ..
>   in features.conf, i have:
>
>         [general]
>           parkext => 700            parkpos => 701-720
>           context => parkedcalls
>           pickupexten = *8

I'm under the impression that *8 picks up any ringing phone in the same
group... Not sure why youre dialling an extension number after it... I may
be wrong though - I've never used it!

>   2- When i want access to the voice server, he never understand my
>   password ... but with a softphone that's work's
>

> Anyone have this problems too ?

I'd guess that asterisk isn't hearing the tones of the password?

Start with putting

    dtmfmode=rfc2833

in your sip.conf file, and making that setting on the GPX2000 phone
itself (on the account page)

Gordon