[asterisk-users] does any one knows of a Softphone that worksunder terminal

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 22:39:03 MST 2007

>From: Manrique Feoli <manrique.feoli at kinetos.com>
>Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:46:11 -0600
>
>I wonder if I setup a softphone on each terminal if they will actually work
>as independent phones well enough, but haven´t tested it.

You mean simultaneously?  Port conflict might be one reason why it won't,
unless you are willing to configure each login's softphone manually.  I'd
rather go with VMWare or VirtualPC if I have to. Even there, transmitting
audio via RDP could add another layer of unreliability.

What's so wrong about embedding a Java soft phone applet, or even
distributing a Java Web application?

Talking off my hat.  No real world experience.

Yuan Liu