[asterisk-users] Queue extension issues

John Breen john at john-breen.net
Thu Feb 8 20:46:52 MST 2007

I'm stuck on queues!

The way I read what documentation I have found, if I set up a queue like
this:

[general]
persistentmembers = yes

[testq]
musiconhold=default
strategy = ringall
timeout = 10
retry = 5
context = testing
member => SIP/100

and then add into extensions something like this:

[incomingiax]
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/100,10)
exten => 1234,2,Queue(testq|tTH|||300)

[testing]
exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/101)

[testcontext]
exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/100)
exten => 100,hint,SIP/100

exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/101)
exten => 101,hint,SIP/101

exten => 102,1,Dial(SIP/102)
exten => 102,hint,SIP/102

Then if a user dials in on extension 1234 (which is what's forwarded
from the iax peer), Ext.100 should ring for
10 sec, then the call should be placed in queue testq.  While the call
is in the queue , the caller should be able to press 1, which should
then send them on to ext. 101.  That's right, isn't it?

Problem is, dialling 1 doesn't go to ext. 101

I can't see anything obvious that I've done wrong - It all looks right
to me.  But I've obviously missed something.  Can anyone enlighten me as
to what that something might be?

Regards

John Breen