[asterisk-users] Any Way to Get # Functionality in DISA

Robert DeVries rdlists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:09:06 MST 2007

When using a SIP phone with Asterisk, hitting the # key (pound or hash
depending on where in the world you happen to be) tells Asterisk that there
are no more digits coming, and to put the call through immediately based on
the digits already entered.  This is the same functionality as the PSTN (at
least in North America).

However, DISA just sees the # as another digit, and therefore pressing #
produces an error.   I suppose it would be possible to write something in
the dial plan that looks for a # then strips the # and puts the call
through, but I'm curious if there is any other way to do this.  For one
thing, this would require having a special context for DISA, rather than
just having DISA place calls through an existing context.