[asterisk-users] Rxfax and Txfax on Asterisk 1.4

Ardjan Zwartjes A.Zwartjes at telecats.nl
Thu Feb 8 08:40:58 MST 2007

That's not nessecerily true, if you install iaxmodem and hylafax on your
asterisk machine you'll use IAX for the internal communication, but
faxes can go out and come in on SIP or whatever you like.
One thing that's important to mention here: We get unpredictable results
if the fax is transmitted entirely over VOIP, if the fax passes a
regular telephony channel once it works fine but if it's purely VOIP,
transmission errors occur. This is probably a timing problem, but we
haven't been able to solve it yet, still the results are much better
than what we achieved using rx- and txfax.

Kind regards,
Ardjan.