[asterisk-users] Re: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 31, Issue 29

Charles Ulrich charles at idealso.com
Thu Feb 8 08:21:16 MST 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 07:32, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a phone that has easy to
> understand/implement central provisioning? I've used CISCO 79XX phones,
> and they're great (but too expensive). I like Grandstream phones, but
> their provisioning sucks.
>
> What is everybody else using in large environments where individual
> config is not an option?

We've been quite happy with Polycom SoundPoint IP phones. They are a tad
pricey but they look nice, work well, and are extremely easy to deploy. They
used to have poor NAT support but with the 2.0.x firmware, it's getting
better. They can be provisioned with FTP, TFTP, HTTP, and HTTPS. The only
complaint that I have with them is that their provisioning file format makes
XML developers cry in sorrow.

--
Charles Ulrich
Ideal Solution, LLC -- http://www.idealso.com