[asterisk-users] List problem handling HTML E-mails?

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Wed Feb 7 14:44:02 MST 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 11:45:30AM -0800, Yuan Liu said:
> My multiple postings to this list this morning got garbled in
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/, and don't come back
> from list. (e.g.,
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-February/179315.html)
> I thought it was Hotmail, so I saved one outgoing mail and checked
> that it's correct.  Anyone else experiencing same?

It's bad netiquette to send HTML to mailing lists in general. It hoses
up digests and archives, and some people don't have HTML capable clients.

Some mail clients send both plain text and html, which isn't quite so
bad since the receipient / archiving software can pick out the plain
text version, but clients that send HTML ONLY should be avoided. Check
to see if you can configure your mail service to use plain text and that
should fix things.