[asterisk-users] Softphone +Realtime

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Wed Feb 7 13:04:44 MST 2007

Here's an interesting issue we're facing...

We would like users to be able to use softphones from home/work and to
use their same extensions they do at work.

The first step of getting the phones to log in as their same extensions
as work is easy and works. However, on the database side, once the
client closes, the sip table is cleared of the ip to the phone. This
means that no calls are forwarded to their office line anymore, and
instead have to just go to voicemail. To fix this, the best I can think
of is to replace those values nightly and update the timestamp so
asterisk knows to update its values.

Has anyone tried anything like this? I would like the phones to regrab
their spot once the softphone is logged out.

We have a Asterisk box (gentoo linux) which is running realtime (mysql
5). Our phones are Polycom SoundPoint 501s and the softphone is xlite
(windows).

Rob