[asterisk-users] New Issue

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Wed Feb 7 11:26:15 MST 2007

In most cases, if I follow these steps, I get a working asterisk with
zaptel:

in asterisk, 1.4 and trunk:

make distclean

rm /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/*

then, get the zaptel source that corresponds to your version of
asterisk.
configure, make, make install it as root. If you try to use a 1.4 zaptel
with 1.2, prepare to be disappointed!!!!

Then in 1.2 asterisk, do a make, or in 1.4/trunk, do a configure ( with
--enable-dev-mode if you do this often), then make menuselect, make,
make install (as root). Check the zaptel module stuff in menuselect.

If you still don't have zaptel, consult your config.log, and look for
anything about zaptel. It might be informative. It should be finding
zaptel stuff.

murf

--
Steve Murphy