[asterisk-users] s-${DIALSTATUS} extensions

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Feb 7 02:17:01 MST 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Yuan LIU wrote:

> In examples, s-${DIALSTATUS} is used to handle unsuccessful dial attempts in
> the s extension.  Goto() is used in examples.  Is the prefix "s-" mandatory?
> Is it related to the original extension "s"? (Apparently Goto(${DIALSTATUS})
> won't work for me.)

s- is just something tagged onto the label. An example of what I use:

   exten => s,n,Dial(${ARG1},${timeOut},ron)
   exten => s,n,Noop(Initial dial failed: ${DIALSTATUS})
   exten => s,n,Goto(${DIALSTATUS})

   exten => s,n(ANSWER),Noop(Answered)
   exten => s,n,Hangup()

   exten => s,n(NOANSWER),Noop(Starting NOANSWER processing)

And so on...

the extension 's' in those lines above is the extension inside a macro.

Gordon