[asterisk-users] Help - Poor Voice Quality

Lacy Moore lists-away at aspendoratechnologies.com
Tue Feb 6 19:09:38 MST 2007

Jim Duda wrote:
> I've been on the shorewall firewall and confirmed that I have the
> firewall configured properly for VOIP QOS.

What exactly have you done here?  You do know that you are apparently
using IAX2 and not SIP.  Those are not the same protocols.  In fact, if
you configured the shorewall system for standard VoIP, that's your
problem.  IAX2 operates on different ports that SIP.  Whereas SIP
operates on a control port and then create media ports, IAX2 only uses one.

As far as download speed, what have you told shorewall your download
speed is?  I'm not familiar with it, but just guessing that it's
probably like most others.  If this is the case, somewhere there is a
setting to tell it what your download and upload speed is.

500kpbs up doesn't seem like enough bandwidth to support 10Mpbs down,
either.