[asterisk-users] yellow alarm after weeks without trouble

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Tue Feb 6 13:37:40 MST 2007

Hi list,

I'm getting an error on a E1 link to the telco, after some weeks of
operation without trouble.

I have an asterisk with a TE405 in passtrough mode: two E1 are connected
to the Telco, two E1 are connected to 2 Siemens PaBX. Only 15 channels
are used on each E1 (conf is attached).The system has been in production
for nearly a year, and does work flawlessly for weeks, then I
mysteriously get errors on the first PRI span, which is used as primary
clocking source. It happened again this Sunday (while the system was
idle), after six weeks of operation without trouble. Call are dropped,
and users are angry. It has happened  4-5 times during one year.
Reloading zaptel modules and restarting asterisk does bring the system
back to normal.
As far as I can tell, pri debug span 1 shows nothing special (see
attached log).
The Telco says that there is "drift in the synchronization".
System load as shown by top is very low, vmstat shows no CPU spikes,
TE405P has its on interrupt. I already changed the TE405P.
I have other similar systems running without any trouble, so any idea
about improving this installation would be welcome. I can provide more
info if needed. Main differences with my other similar installations
are: two E1 are used, and system is 64 bit (Asus MB with Opteron).

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527