[asterisk-users] Detecting answer with ISDN (fork of Detecting answer with an analogue card)

Tim Robinson timweb at txrx.org.uk
Tue Feb 6 12:14:29 MST 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 5:50 pm, Stefano Corsi wrote:
> Ok, understood. But I'm still very curious: what is the wife test ?! :)

This is the test which governs what technology gets to stay in the house
and become used by the family, and what gets banished to the shed at the
bottom of the back garden.

At the moment, WAF ("Wife Acceptance Factor") is slowly increasing now
in my house. After approx 2 years, most of the glitches have been ironed
out, my installation is more stable, and to be honest, my wife has
become more accepting, and sometimes mildly impressed with the bells and
whistles that come with our system, like voicemail, caller ID name
lookup, international calls to friends for £0.00,
find-me-anywhere-on-my-mobile, and so on....

But if she (or the kids) can't pick up the phone and make a call, forget it.

Rgds
Tim Robinson
Basingstoke, UK