[asterisk-users] asterisk server as a voicemail server for legacyPBX -- FXO or FXS???

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Feb 6 10:48:54 MST 2007

He had it right
He is using Asterisk to REPLACE the Octal, so it needs to be equipped
with FXO
Since most.all VM's should have multiple ports to the PBX, you probably
will want to equip the Asterisk box with a Sangoma card with 2 FXO
modules, for a total of four ports.
This will allow the users to get their VM, the PBX to send calls to VM,
and also allow Asterisk to tell the PBX to light the MW lights when a
message is left.
VM programming to interface to the PBX can be a fun job.
You may want to look for a used Keyvoice VM system on eBay and save your
Asterisk project to replace the PBX as well.

JMO

John Novack