[asterisk-users] New user question (X100P)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Feb 6 08:48:29 MST 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:22:43AM -0500, David Ruggles wrote:
> Thanks for the help!
>
> >> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
> > This error message is specifically from running ztcfg.
> > What do you have in /proc/zaptel/* ? What in /etc/zaptel.conf ?
> > The difference between the two is the immediate cause for the error.
>
> In /proc/zaptel I have a single file named 1

What is the output of cat /proc/zaptel/1 ?

(My guess: ztdummy)

> In /etc/zaptel.conf I have the following lines:
> fxsks=1-2

Do you have two cards?

> loadzone=us
> defaultzone=us
>
> > What do you see in the kernel logs e.g: dmesg| tail ) after loading the
> > module wcfxo ?
>
> I did the following:
> # rmmod wcfxo
> # modprobe wcfxo
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
> FATAL: Error running install command for wcfxo
> # dmesg | tail
> Failed to initailize DAA, giving up...
> Wcfxo: probe of 0000:01:07.0 failed with error -5
> Failed to initailize DAA, giving up...
> Wcfxo: probe of 0000:01:08.0 failed with error -5

Hmm... you do seem to have two of those...

Either a defective hardware or misunderstandings with the PCI bus.

For instance, on one system I know, I had to pass the kernel parameter
'pci=noacpi' at boot in order for it to identify those cards (as well as
TDM400P cards).

> Using lspci I verified that 01:07.0 and 01:08.0 are the X100P
>
> > What linux distribution do you use, anyway?
>
> Fedora Core 6

What kernmel version?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen