[asterisk-users] Call Connections Dropped

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Tue Feb 6 07:33:08 MST 2007

We just had the oddest thing happen which worries us as new users.

We had 3 calls running on asterisk (one from sip to sip and the other to
sip to zap). It seemed for no reason, the connections just dropped and
the lines went dead. You couldn't call a phone (not even yourself). Once
I restarted asterisk (it gracefully shutdown and started back up), then
everything worked again.

This concerns us because we had hoped to use VoIP in a production
environment. I know it didn't overload, because we have about 45 users
on it and about 400 calls a day (i've seen upwards of 9 calls at a time).

Any thoughts?
Rob