[asterisk-users] How to access environment variable?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 6 07:04:23 MST 2007

Thanks for your reply Ioan.

Very interesting.  ${ENV(PATH)} works to display the path
but ${ENV(MYIP)} does not!

There must be a list in Asterisk that only allows cerain environmental
variables to be shown.  A very unnecessary bummer.

However, at the CLI prompt:
! echo $PATH and  ! echo $MYIP
both work fine.

Larry

Larry Alkoff wrote:
 > How can I access an environmental variable in Asterisk 1.2.5?
 >
 > It should be possible according to:
 > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+variables
 > which says:
 >
 > Environment Variables
 > You may access unix environment variables using the syntax:
 >    ${ENV(foo)}
 > ${ENV(ASTERISK_PROMPT)}: the current Asterisk CLI prompt.
 > ${ENV(RECORDED_FILE)}: the filename of the last file saved by the
Record command

 > I have an environmental variable MYIP which contains my current IP
address but when I execute exten _4XX the following line only says

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux