[asterisk-users] Re: 'h' extension and which one applies?

Andrea Spadaccini a.spadaccini at mediatechnologies.it
Tue Feb 6 05:02:06 MST 2007

Ciao Tony,

> I believe that for any channel that is executing in the dialplan,
> when it is hung up, either directly or due to its peer hanging up, it
> will execute the 'h' extension, if any, in whatever is its current
> context.

My experience confirms your statements.
IMHO Asterisk should behave in a slightly different way: it should
check for the 'h' extension in the innermost context, and then check
the other contexts that contain the current contexts.

This would surely be more intuitive and would require less dialplan
programming when there are more than one point where one might get an
hangup and hangup conditions must be handled (i.e.
Vicidial/Astguiclient).

Just my two cents,

--
Andrea Spadaccini
Multimedia Technologies Institute s.r.l.