[asterisk-users] New user question (X100P)

Andrew D Kirch trelane at trelane.net
Mon Feb 5 18:13:38 MST 2007

David Ruggles wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a simple test box to start developing with Asterisk.
>
> I've got a Dell GX150 with two X100P cards. I've downloaded, printed out and
> read through most of TFOT. I've also done a lot of Internet searching.
>
> I'm getting this error:
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
>
> Based on the searching I've done, it seems like the problem must be shared
> IRQ issues. I've gone in the BIOS and disabled everything I can but I can't
> stop the sharing completely. One X100P is shared with the built-in video and
> the other X100P is shared with a serial controller. (I disabled both serial
> ports)
>
> My question is this: (in three parts)
>
> 1) Are my research and assumptions accurate? Does this seem to be an IRQ
> issue?
> 2) If I have to build another system to prevent the IRQ problem, can anyone
> recommend hardware (just for a simple test box right now)
> 3) Is it worth keeping the X100Ps or should I get a TDM400P like used in
> TFOT, or something else? (again just for testing)
>
> If there are other things I should check first please let me know!!
>
> TIA!!!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Ruggles
> CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+
> Network Engineer	Safe Data, Inc.
> (910) 285-7200	david at safedatausa.com

The X100P is going to leave you fairly unsatisfied with your Asterisk
experience.  It lacks an on-card timing interface, and real X100P's
haven't been made in quite awhile (several years).  You may or may not
get caller ID, you may or may not get two way audio.  I know it's a bit
more but you're better off with the TDM.  Good luck!

--
Andrew D Kirch  |       Abusive Hosts Blocking List      | www.ahbl.org
Security Admin  |  Summit Open Source Development Group  | www.sosdg.org