[asterisk-users] New user question (X100P)

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Mon Feb 5 15:51:44 MST 2007

I'm trying to set up a simple test box to start developing with Asterisk.

I've got a Dell GX150 with two X100P cards. I've downloaded, printed out and
read through most of TFOT. I've also done a lot of Internet searching.

I'm getting this error:
ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)

Based on the searching I've done, it seems like the problem must be shared
IRQ issues. I've gone in the BIOS and disabled everything I can but I can't
stop the sharing completely. One X100P is shared with the built-in video and
the other X100P is shared with a serial controller. (I disabled both serial
ports)

My question is this: (in three parts)

1) Are my research and assumptions accurate? Does this seem to be an IRQ
issue?
2) If I have to build another system to prevent the IRQ problem, can anyone
recommend hardware (just for a simple test box right now)
3) Is it worth keeping the X100Ps or should I get a TDM400P like used in
TFOT, or something else? (again just for testing)

If there are other things I should check first please let me know!!

TIA!!!!!

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+