[asterisk-users] Dell Servers

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Mon Feb 5 10:45:34 MST 2007

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Matt wrote:

> We have several 2900s in production as VoIP servers.. no lockups.
> On every server I go into the BIOS and:
>
> * Disable USB
> * Disabled uneeded things like Parallel, Serial
> * Put ETH0 on a seperate IRQ from the Digium card
>
> And everything's fine.  Dell's do NOT have to share IRQs... go into your
> BIOS and change them.

I disagree, when you are not using APIC on a Dell 2850 you can assign an
IRQ to each PCI slot but each pci slot is linked to an internal device. No
matter what you do, if you assign for example IRQ 10 to PCI slot 1 also
the SCSI controller will use that IRQ.

With just 3 pci slots this just totally sucks, this is totally
unnecessary and shows poor design.

I do not experience any lockups, just poor IRQ hits in zttest and dropped
calls.